Four institutions with a related history provided secondary and higher education to young women in Nashville, TN from 1865 to the present. W.E. Ward’s Seminary for Young Ladies operated from 1865-1913, and published its yearbook The Iris from 1900-1913. Belmont College for Young Women operated from 1890-1913, and published its yearbooks Aitrop in 1904 and Milady in Brown from 1905-1913. They merged to created the Ward-Belmont School, which operated from 1913-1951 and published its yearbook Milestones from 1914-1951. The school reorganized as The Harpeth Hall School, an all-girls college preparatory high school. Harpeth Hall established a new campus in 1951 and continued publishing its yearbook Milestones from 1951-present. A middle school was added in 1968.
Publisher Harpeth Hall School
Digitizing sponsor Lyrasis Members and Sloan Foundation
Book contributor Harpeth Hall School
Collection harpethhall; americana